Access Control & Security Specialists
Upgrade to Doors.NET
Support for Doors32 Ended in Jan 2020.
Upgrade to Doors.NET and extend the life of your hardware investment.
Companies Choose Keri When Security Matters Most
Should I Upgrade to Doors.NET?
Managing your PXL-500 or Entraguard-based access control system with the newer and more advanced Doors.NET will introduce your organization to a wealth of new and powerful features and benefits that will help you better manage your business. And, it will extend the life of your hardware investment.
By adding Doors.NET support for the PXL-500 and Entraguard, Keri is providing customers with a very modern architecture that is built to run on today’s and future IT networks with a wealth of new features that expands the system’s capability.
In addition to the Multi-Client & Multi-Site connectivity Doors.NET provides, you can take advantage of powerful features not possible before. Some are designed to make your system more convenient while others provide more functionality, offering more benefits for your PXL-500 and Entraguard hardware than you have seen.
It’s like getting a new system for very minimal cost.
Interested in Upgrading to Doors.NET?
With Doors.NET’s support for PXL-500 hardware, customers can get more from their system and ensure its usefulness and functionality for years to come.
Complete the form and a sales representative will reach out to you, if you have any questions this would be the perfect opportunity.
You will receive the documentation required to proceed with the upgrade once the form is complete.
Still unsure if you would like to upgrade?
With the advent of Windows 10 and the non-support of Windows XP by Microsoft, we strongly advocate upgrading your system to from Doors32 to Doors.NET.
Keri Systems has breathed new life into legacy PXL-500 and Entraguard Telephone Entry systems; renowned for their reliability and functionality. With new upgrade ability under the Doors.NET Client/Server software, traditional PXL-500 based systems customers will enjoy an expanded feature set and extended life. Ultimately, Keri will embark on enhancements to the popular hardware package that will extend your PXL-500 family far into the future. PXL-500 is here for the long term!
Doors32 To Doors.NET Upgrade FAQ’s
Do I have to manually re-enter my data or can I convert my Doors32 database?
Is the upgrade process time consuming or difficult?
do is have your Keri provider send us your database or allow a Keri technician to remotely log on
and retrieve the database from Doors32. Keri will even remotely perform the installation of the
database if requested.
What are the advantages to upgrading?
as such, is easily transportable to future operating systems and is already Windows 8 compatible. Doors32 will not be tested for Windows 8 compliance or any other subsequent operating systems.
Am I required to update any chips in the controller?
Possibly, but in many cases no.
- For the PXL-500, Doors.NET/firmware compatibility has been tested as far back as revision 8.4.49, which was released in March of 2007.
- For the Entraguard Titanium and Silver, Doors.NET/firmware compatibility has been tested as far back as revision 7.6.09, which was released in September of 2011.
- For the Entraguard Platinum, Doors.NET/firmware compatibility has been tested as far back as revision 9.1.09, which was released in September of 2011.
Keep in mind that the newer software and firmware have had many features added and bug fixes implemented so it might be wise to update to the latest version of the chips if the controllers are easily accessible.
What is the oldest PXL/Entraguard Controller that can interface to Doors.NET?
Any controller is supported by Doors.NET, providing it has been updated to the minimum firmware revision.
PXL-500 – v8.4.49
Entraguard Titanium/Silver – v7.6.09
Entraguard Platinum – v9.1.09
To check to see what level of firmware is contained in the controllers, log in to Doors32 and in the Setup System Page, use the Controller Status Page and hit the Stat All button.
If I am upgrading from Doors32 to Doors.NET, can I use the same PC I've been using with Doors32?
Are there any products or features that are supported by Doors32 and not by Doors.NET?
Yes, there are currently several items that would stop a system from being upgraded.
1) Elevator control units (model numbers starting with LC) are not supported at this time.
2) All functions that pertain to 2nd door functions are supported, however SB-593 general purpose I/O linking is not yet supported.
3) PXL-250s are not supported by Doors.NET. They can be replaced with a PXL-500, and we offer a discount for doing so.
4) Pending Final Test – PXL-510s will still interface to arm and disarm older generation Caddx NetworX alarm panels. However, Caddx changed their interface years ago, so unless a system is already installed and working, it is unlikely the PXL-510 will interface correctly. Doors.NET will not show or log messages sent from the Caddx panel. Call Keri for an update prior to converting an installation using a PXL-510.
Is There a Fee to Upgrade to Doors.NET?
Can more than one Doors32 database be merged into a single Doors.NET database?
Once I pay my conversion fee, are there additional charges?
Are there any ways to decrease the cost of an upgrade?
Yes, Keri offers a number of programs to help reduce the cost of an upgrade.
1)PXL-500 Firmware chip sets are often not required, but if they are, Keri offers a discount for these chip sets when used in conjunction with an upgrade. Contact your Keri provider for details. Entraguard chip sets cannot be upgraded.
2) In many cases, a database conversion is not required. It is often less expensive and faster to simply re-enter the data at time of upgrade for smaller systems.
3) Keri offers a discount for a new PXL-500 if it is intended to replace a PXL-250 when used in an upgrade. The credit will be issued after the PXL-250 is returned. Also, because the PXL-500 is new, it does not incur the license fee.
Find a local Access Control and Security Expert
Use our interactive map to find a local Keri sales representative